Students of the colleges, from year 5 through 12, can choose this popular timetabled elective and enjoy the challenges of learning about all things equine, from the raw beginner through to the serious interschool competitor, including the prestigious Interschool Showjumping Series.
Regional secondary colleges chose to send their students to the Certificate II in Equine Studies 2 year course run through the venue and college. This is a competency passed nationally accredited training course contributing to students ATAR scores.
Registered Training Courses
Crest Education (Hillcrest Christian College and Rivercest Christian College) is a Registered Training organisation (RTO 6441). In addition to the Certificate II in Equine Studies we also offer the both the Certificate III in Racing - Track Rider and the Certificate in Racing - Advanced Stable Hand.
Hire for Equestrian EventsSupport for our boutique venue, is growing from the wider equestrian community, as demonstrated from the prestigious groups that host their events regularly at Ayr Hill.
As a Venue we regularly hold and attract activities which include the following:
- Interschool Equestrian competitions
- Show Jumping competitions
- Dressage Competitioins
- After school lessons
- School Holiday program for school children
- Showing Clinics
- Show jumping training nights
- Dressage clinics
- Mounted Games competitions
- Western and Natural Horsemanship days
- Pony Club camps
Ayr Hill Equestrian Centre is continually improving and plans for upgrades and developments are always at hand.
The most recent development has been the addition of two new classrooms with kitchen and state of the art facilities.
Future developments and upgrades include:
* New seating and tables for the cafe eating area
* Clearing a viewing area from the cafe across to the polo fields
* New day yards
* Shelters along the grass Polo field area
* Purchase of new show jumping equipment and dressage arena surrounds